Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Host Family!

          Last Wednesday, I received an email from AFS about my host family. They seem absolutely wonderful and I am so incredibly excited.
          I will be living in Aydin, Turkey in a host family with a mother, a father, and three sisters. Two of the sisters are older than me and only one of them lives at home and the other sister is just a few months younger than me and we will be sharing a room. I have never shared a room so that will be very different for me, but the family itself is very similar to my natural family so that will be nice. On their application, it said that my family likes swimming, running, cooking, playing cards and board games, and travel, which makes them perfect for me because I love all of those things. This family has never hosted a student before, so I am very excited to be their first exchange student.
          Aydin is a very beautiful city of 180,000 very close to the Mediterranean Sea. I could not be more excited about getting to live close to the sea because I absolutely love the ocean and coming from the desert of New Mexico, I rarely get to see the ocean. It sounds like there are several options for activities I can do in Aydin and I am absolutely thrilled with both my placement and my family.
          Here are some of my favorite pictures I've found of Aydin so far.


I don't think that this is in the actual city of Aydin, but I believe this is the province of Aydin. Coming from a landlocked, desert state, things like this are not a common sight and I think this is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for this to become normal to me in my new life.


This is the city of Aydin from above. I am so excited for the day when I drive into this city to start my new life.


The province of Aydin.


The city of Aydin.

I will probably post again soon because I got my wisdom teeth out this morning so I can't do much and I have a lot of ideas about posts I would like to write. Until then, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment